Wanting to write this morning, but not having an idea what to write about is always a good way to start one of these. Let’s see what happens.
I got nothin’
I’m not sure about the rest of you, but I had a horrible week. I think your moon was in my 12th house of kitty cats or something because it was rough. I was lacking in motivation, lacking in sleep and lacking in any substantial paid work. Definitely a 1-2 punch that needed more fake sweetener.
So I’m back to sending my resume out. It’s not that I ever left that particular task, but instead of sending it out 3 times a week to network/tech jobs, I’ve changed my tact. No, that’s not right, because that would make you think I was applying for jobs as a trash collector or monkey trainer. That’s not it as all. Instead, lets say I’m broadening the area where I send my resume.
Besides tech, why not some marketing? I mean, right? I always forget that…
- In the restaurant biz, I was the bar calendar guy with my Microsoft Publisher ’97 and free clipart.
- Also in the restaurant biz, I was the guy calling the corporate marketing department to beg them to please, for all that was good and rainbows, stop sending coupons to the retirement community that shared our zip code.
- Skipping ahead a few years, I was ‘that’ guy sending out bulk faxes for tape drive repair. Faxes that I designed. I think I managed about a 2% call rate on those.
- Skipping even further ahead, I was responsible to sales increases of 10% or more during my tenure with the car wash company. Not to mention I was also responsible for gift card sales of about $50k in the first year.
- Since 2005, I have been the chief promoter and 1 man marketing dept. for White Roof Radio. My efforts combined with the fact that those boys
give me something good to promotedo one helluva show, has resulted in a listener base of over 3k
So, I ask again, why not?
I mean, as long as I don’t have do anything douche-y like PR (I just got goosebumps, and not the good kind) or send out email newsletters 14 times a week, right? My only issue with those kinds of things is the ridiculous terminolgy that comes with it. Terms like _reach out_, _synergy_ and _[insert lame term here]_ are just too much. I’m sure I would giggle if I had to use any of them too much.
Back to the boards. Let’s see what happens!