Man oh man oh man was this good! If you try any of the recipes I post here, this should definitely be the one. Fair warning, this will be a little on the spendy side, but I’ll have some tips, as always, at the bottom.
First things first. What really makes this salad is the dressing. I used this one which I’m repeating here for those of you too lazy to click.
- 1 1/2 cups Mayo
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tbls finely minced green onion
- 3 tbls finely minced green bell pepper
- 1 tbls fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
Mix all together in a bowl and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using. My changes to this recipe were in the amount of Tabasco (1 1/2 tsp), I used cocktail sauce instead of chili sauce (I like the horseradish flavor) and I added 2 cloves finely chopped garlic.
Now, for the salad, or at least how I made it.
- 1lb each cooked shrimp and lump crab meat. DO NOT use imatation Krab you savages. That’s just wrong
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- About 8 radishes, sliced thin
- Diced green bell pepper (whatever was left from making the dressing)
- Diced green onion (again, whatever was left from making the dressing)
- tomatoes cut into wedges
- Lemons, cut into wedges
- Fresh ground pepper. Yes, it makes a difference
Toss everything with the dressing except the shrimp, crab, tomatoes and lemons. Serve in a salad bowl or on a plate and top with shrimp, crab and tomatoes. Garnish with lemon wedge.
For the table I have to suggest a nice loaf of Sourdough bread with butter and maybe some basalmic vinegar and olive oil. You should also really have a pepper mill ready for this as well.
Serves 4 probably. I eat a big salad and the lad loves shrimp, so we went a little bit.
Beverage? A nice white would be good. Go dry or sweet, you’ll be covered either way.
And yes, this was awesome!