Wow. It’s been a while since I’ve done, but the UPS guy was kind enough tto deliver my Eee PC today. Here are a few quick notes since I’ve only had it for about a 1/2 hour.
- The keyboard is actually a pretty good size. However, the right shift key is in a very weird/awkward spot that will take some getting used to.
- This machine is tiny. You could cover this up with a magazine.
- Easy to work on. 2 screws on the bottom give access to memory (already upgraded to 2GB), hard drive and WiFi card. Nice.
- It’s very solid. I’m typing on it now and there aren’t any rattles or weirdness going on with the keys.
- The screen is very bright and easy to read. Resolution is 1024 x 600, which means it’s actually shorter than a standard 15″ display, but just as wide. That will take some getting used to.
- Built in SD card reader works.
- Touchpad is small but has some great Mac like features (2 finger scroll). The buttons are hard to press, but I’m sure that’s because it’s new.
- The right side shift key, as it turns out, is tragically placed. I certainly hope I get used to that pretty quick because I use it way more than the left.
That’s about it for now. I will have more after I’ve used it and given the battery a chance to charge. For right now, I’ve got a few more apps to install.