That’s right gang, you can now securely sign in to both Twitter and Facebook, and all I can say is it’s about time!
For you readers that are less nerd than the others, having a secure sign on is important because it helps keep you secure, especially over Wifi. Also for you, you might not be aware that when you access a site over WiFi, almost anyone can watch what you are doing, grab your username and password and be you.
http**s** stops that by encrypting your data so it looks like a stream of rubbish to anyone that views it. I **highly** recommend taking advantage of these features, and here’s how.
- Login to your Twitter account
- Go into the account settings. On the first page, all the way at the bottom and put a check in the box next to “Always use HTTPS”
- Login to your Facebook account
- Click on the Account link top right
- Click on Account Settings
- Go to where it says Account Security and click the Change link
- Put a check in the box next to “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible”
Doing this for both sites will help keep your username and password secure, as well as any updates that you provide, even if you are on an Open WiFi connection.
If you have any questions, comments are open!