Fridge overflowing with leftovers? Running out of ideas of what to do with all of that used food? Well friends, have I got a recipe for you.
All you need is a little bit of rice, some frozen veggies and leftovers. Ready?
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen veggies, your choice
- Leftover meat, about a pound. Chicken, pork or beef.
- Soy, teriyaki or plum sauce to taste
- Oil for frying rice (about 1/2 cup)
- Fry the rice in oil until it’s brown and your kitchen smells nutty, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to rice. CAUTION! This will steam and that steam can burn you.
- Cook the rice for about another 10 minutes until it tastes like rice.
- Add to the rice your frozen veggies and meat. Cook until everything is hot
- Finish with sauce.
Easy? Check. Tasty? Check. Passes kid test? Check.
Want to go nuts? Scramble 2 eggs and cook in the bottom of the pan. Or add some chopped shrimp. Of course, your imagination is the limit on what you can do with this.