With this, my 17th cell phone since 2007 (look it up), I thought I would take some time to jot down a few notes. Now that I’m 5 days into it, I have a few.
* It’s fast. Faster than the Dinc for sure.
* I like the way it feels and like that it’s a little heavy.
* Siri, so far, is amazingly
* The whole “it works” thing
* Phone calls are clear
* Best soft keyboard I’ve used so far
* The Camera is fantastic, both for photos and video (samples coming)
* Battery life is unbelievable
* Compared to Android, email kinda sucks, but I’m a Gmail user, so this is to be expected
* Contact management is confusing. But I might be trying to use too many accounts with my phone. The fact that the word Exchange is used when trying to get Gmail contacts should be cause for concern.
* Compared to Android and Blackberry, notification sound configuration is definitely lacking. For example, I could have 1 sound for SMS, 1 for Facebook. Doesn’t seem possible on the iPhone
* Quitting apps. So un-elegant.
* Notifications – I have still have tweaking to do, but driving down the street and getting a popup about an available wifi access point is terribly annoying.
* Dropbox 180MB upload limitation. Seriously? WTF is that about.
* Google + app is definitely not as good on iOS as it is on Android. And compressing my photos from the phone is super annoying (feedback submitted).
I’m not looking for suggestions or for any of you iPhone fans to jump to my rescue. I’m 5 days in with this device, and these are only my observations so far. Considering that I’m re-learning how to use a phone again, I’d say I was doing ok. Overall, I’m still super happy with the iPhone, just need to work through the things that I’m either not familiar with or require a different way to do them.