My first impressions since taking it out of the box 12 hours ago.
- It’s heavy for it’s size and feels very solid. Reminds me of the build quality of the Razr.
- Call quality is on par with the Blackberry so far as I can tell.
- It’s fast! I’m zipping around everywhere, no problem.
- 2.1. Mine came running 2.0.1. The update took 5 minutes from the time I downloaded until the time it was back up and running.
- So far, very easy to figure stuff out. The inline help on the device is actually helpful.
- 5 minutes after turning it on, all of my google stuff was sync’d and email was working. Including contacts and calendar.
- Part of the weight comes from the physical keyboard, which I don’t really like. But, I have only used it twice. The lad rocks it pretty well however.
- The browser works and pages load quickly over the VZW network. I haven’t tried WiFi yet because I’m trying to get an idea about battery life without it.
- Google Nav would rule so hard if not for Robot Woman’s voice.
- I read lots of complaints about having only 3 home screens. I don’t see it being a problem, but I only have 1 screen of shortcuts so far. That could change.
- I don’t like widgets, at least none that I have tried. Take up too many screen.
- It makes a great flashlight with the official Moto app.
- Gmail. This is how it should be done. For Gmail alone I think this device is going to change my life.
I’ve got today to finish sorting things out, trying the camera and media playback. So far, I’m digging it, but I also liked having the Storm for the first 24 hours, right? If you have any questions, go ahead and leave those below.