Only a few more hours until droves of slobbering Mac fans will be able to get their hands on what is, without a doubt, the most hyped anything ever created.
I thought I would go ahead and jump the gun and make some predictions. I’m sure none of them will be close, but it was fun for me to do.
- Until a flaver of Linux is installed: 3 days
Until one is completely dismantled, dismantling process displayed online: 1 day. DONE! check it (thanks Chuck!)
- Running Windows: 10 days
- Hacked to work without an AT&T phone account: 7 days
- Hacked to work without iTunes: 5 days
- Complaints about scratching showing up on digg.com, front or back: no later than 9PM, PST, 06-29-07
- Complaints about the keyboard showing up on digg.com: 6:05PM, 06-29-07
- Complaints about battery life, non-removal or anything else battery related showing up on digg.com: 1 day
Complaints about non-functioning sensors or dark screens: 2 days– Reported on Aug 10 here, users with touch screen problems
- Hacked to work with other GSM cell providers: 10 days
This, of course, does not count the true haters that are already criticizing the iPhone for not working on Verizon or Sprint, or
having slower internet access speeds* over the ATT network or complaining that it is too expensive or that they can’t pass the credit check or whatever the haters complain about.
And, of course, I won’t be getting one. I’m going to hold out until the wide-screen iPod comes out that does everything this thing does, but without the phone functions. You couldn’t pay me to be an AT&T wireless customer again!
*Just read this over at Engadget about a boost in the EVDO speeds. Interesting.