This from ARS Technica today.
- Wireless syncing with a PC? Check.
- Software now supports podcasts? Check.
- Move TV shows automatically to the Zune? Check.
- Share whole playlists, albums, and podcasts (with no more silly time restrictions)? Check.
- Bring DRM-free music to the Zune Store? Check.
Did MS really un-check the ‘Suck’ flag on the Zune?
Of course this is all PC only (I think) so it’s not that I’m excited about anything here other than podcast support will finally be on the Windows desktop in some fashion.
I’m very curious to see what happens here in the next few months. With the new Zune coming in November and the Amazon Music store adding more DRM free music, I think the iPod/iTunes juggernaut might *finally* have a little bit of competition.
Now, don’t be silly. I don’t think the iPod has anything to worry about it. But I do think that it looks like there might be attractive alternatives in the very near future.