Almost all of the film on reels has been digitized and most of that has been converted into DV format, ready for editing. I still have to go through and see if there are any reels that I need to redo for whatever reason (usually because the DV cam is off frame a little). I expect to have the last of the reels digitized today.
Next steps are.
- Find a Super 8 projector that I can use for about 8 50′ reels. If I can’t find one, I might send them out to a service
- Get a slide scanner. They have boxes and boxes of slides but no negatives. Grandpa thought we would transfer them the same as the video. No, I don’t think so
- Sort and do a preliminary edit of all video
- Begin assembly of the DVD, using video and film.
- Once the film and video are done, work on the audio
Looks like this should be done before the end of September, and except for the sample I showed you above, I am more than pleased with the overall results.
Anyone need some film transfers done?