I’m a fan of salads as you already know. A good portion of the recipes that I have posted here are salad related after all. What I’m not a big fan of is the same old thing. The salad above is good example of that. Just your old pal Don, thinkin’ outside the box again.
Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- Broccoli, 1lb, cut into florets
- Zucchini, 1 large, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 large tomato, cut into half wedges
- Radishes, 5, cut into 1/4
- 2 TBLS crumbled bacon or a good handful
- 2 TBLS grated mozzarella cheese or a good handful
- 1/4 cup your favorite vinaigrette
Steam your broccoli and zucchini until just tender, about 6 minutes. Immediately submerse into a ice water bath to stop the cooking. Add those to a bowl that has the rest of your ingredients except the dressing. Add the dressing, toss to coat.
Store this in the fridge for an hour or two to let the dressing really soak in, toss occasionally.
If you are serving this with fish, chicken or pork, I would dress it sweet. With everything else, go with a simple vinegar and oil.