This is almost unbelievable. So much so, that I even did a double take.
more than 1 first in a day. Wow. I don’t know what to do with myself…
- Published my first podcast
- Made my first meatloaf!
You are going to have to cruise over to the MINI site to check it out.
Yea, can you believe that? First time ever!
I will at least give you the meatloaf recipe, since it did turn out so kick ass (and because I didn’t want to get out recipe’d by rachet).
You are going to need:
- Hamburger, 2lbs. You pick the quality and the cut, but cheapest works good too
- Green bell pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- Finely chop veggies. Saute in olive oil until mushrooms have lost some liquid and peppers are tender. Put in the refrigerator to cool
- Mix spices and parsley.
- Add herb and spice mix to ground beef
- lightly beat the egg. Add it to the mix
- Add cooled veggies to the mix
- Mix it all together. Don’t be a pussy, use your hands
- Free form the meat mix into a loaf shaped pile. It will look like a medium sized kitty, sans legs, head and tail when you are done. Pour the can of tomato sauce over the loaf to cover. Yes, use the entire can.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about an hour. If you have a thermometer, shoot for about 150. This can also be done on the grill.
- When done, pull out of the juice and let it rest on a baking rack for about 10-15 minutes. Use the pan dripping to make gravy if you gotta
- Slice and serve
I was amazed at how well it turned out. Using mushrooms instead of bread crumbs I’m sure had something to do with it. If you try it, lemme know how it turns out!
And no, I’m not putting my recipe for a podcast. You are going to have to learn that yourself.