This turned out so good that I had to get it to pixels. This is my best attempt at this salad yet and I’m very pleased with the results!
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 rib of celery
- 1 bunch green onions, split between whites and greens
Dice all veggies about 1/4″. save the green onion tops for later.
- 3 TBLS plain yogurt. I used greek, if that is too strong for you, use regular
- 2 TBLS sour cream.
- 1 TBLS mayo.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar. I used my grand fathers, but you can’t get that. Apple cider works.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6-8 grinds from your pepper mill
- 3 grilled chicken thighs or 1 grilled chicken breast, diced to match veggies in size, about 1/4″
Mix this all together, taste to adjust as needed. Stick it in the fridge for about 15 minutes to let the flavors come together. Add enough to the veggie mix to evenly coat and let stand as you cut your grilled chicken. Fold in grilled chicken and add green onion tops, fold to coat, adding dressing as needed.
Serve this as you like. As you can see, I did with some mixed greens wrapped in whole wheat tortillas. You can do this on bread, in iceburg lettuce cups or on top of mixed green. Heck, right out of the bowl was pretty good too, but you didn’t hear that from me. Some sliced or diced apple would be nice with this as well, sweet and crispy please. Toss back a ginger ale with this too. Good stuff!