One of the favorite lunches Mom used to make when we were kids. It’s a perfect storm of noodles, butter, tomato and pepper. Always warms the soul and is cheap and easy to make!
- 1lb macaroni (elbow or shells work best)
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes, chopped
- I use scissors in the can for this, but do what you like
- 1 15oz can of pinto or black beans
- 1/2 stick of butter. Yes, butter. Don’t use margarine you animal.
- Fresh cracked pepper. A lot.
- Boil your noodles. Drain
- In the same pain (because we are lazy), add your tomatoes with the juice
- Add the beans
- Bring to a boil to let the juice evaporate a bit. Give it about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter.
- Remove from heat, serve with pepper on top
You can add cheese or garlic if you want. Or any spices. You’ll notice I didn’t include salt in the recipe because I know you salt your pasta water and with the butter you just don’t need it. But, if you think you do, go ahead and add some.