Lime Chicken with Sweet Onions and Potatoes
So rare that I get to cook anymore. Well, I’m still cooking, but it’s boring stuff. This was fun! Also, this wasn’t what I intended to prepare (it was going to be Chicken with Black Bean Salsa), so all the better. Ready? Hit it for the recipe!
- Chicken Thighs, about 2lbs
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 lime, cut in half
- half a sweet yellow onion
- 1 bunch green onion
- Olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder
- Into your high sided frying pan, put about 1tbls of olive oil and not enough water to cover the bottom, about 2-3tbls. Add a good pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Arrange you chicken, flat side down, around the egde of the pan as best you can. At the very least, make sure none of the pieces are overlapping.
- Put the spurs to ‘er! Oh, and squeeze the lime over the entire pot before tossing the left over pieces in there too. Garlic powder, about 1tbls, over the top of the chicken, would be good now.
- Lid the pan, listen for a sizzle and turn the heat down to medium low. Cook for about 15 minutes
- Flip the chicken. Cook for another 1/2 hour, lid on please.
- To the space in the center of the pan, add your onions and potatoes. If you have a couple of cloves of garlic, add those too. Oh, and salt and pepper the veggies
- Put the lid back and give this another 1/2 hour to cook. Check it during to stir the veggies to make sure they are all cooking evenly
- Add chopped green onions to the top of the pan during the last 5 minutes.
There it is. I served it with some nice tomato slices, but just about anything would work. Some fresh steamed spinach would go very well.
I has a fabulous Orange Wheat Beer with this but anything light would work.