MTTS ’08 Boston is coming to a close tomorrow. Finally got a little bit of downtime to do some laundry and get some more video processed. I should have the bulk of it up later in the week.
So, for those of you that haven’t driven from Miami to Boston in a week before, I have a few tips.
- Orange cones with lights are evil, hateful things that should be destroyed.
- South of the Border between the Carolinas is awesome and not to be missed. If you have already been, skip it.
- Savannah, GA, is a very nice city with a kick ass ice cream and coffee shop.
- If you are ever in Virgina Beach and are looking for a restaurant, might I recommend The Raven? If you go, ask for Jessica and tell her the WRR boys set you.
- When going to Miami, pack a sponge. Trust me
- I95 from south to north is really like a giant corn maze. Except with trees. And asphalt.
- Route 13 from Virginia Beach to Philly sucks. Unless you like orange barrels with lights. Please see above
- Best weather so far was in Philly. Couldn’t have gotten a better day if we were in with Ma’ Nature herself.
- Navigating New Jersy and Boston; I think I would rather hang out with clowns at the dentist office. Night. Mare.
- Worst roads of the trip? Boston. By far.
- Todd mentioned this tonight, but isn’t it ironic that I am currently in Boston celebrating a British automobile?
- In Florida, there are convenience stores called Kangaroo. Get you a good cuppa there if you are looking
- Social Engineering can almost get you a bacon wrapped donut at Dunkin Donuts. If we would have pushed it, we could have made it happen.
- Social Engineering can be effective to get all manner of things. Interviews. Drives in cars that aren’t quite ready to sell, tshirts, coffee and the occassional cocktail or meal. I’m just saying, it pays to be nice.
Last day of the event is tomorrow. I have tons more to post and Todd has more audio to edit. You’ll be seeing mtts stuff at MF for the rest of the week.
Fingers crossed my bags make it home with me. I just spent 3 hours tonight getting them all clean!